In an effort to respond to the increasing impact of stress on the mental health of youth, SRQ Strong and Healthy Teens Coalition of Manatee County (HTC) partnered to develop a local youth trauma training team, called the Trauma Leadership Corps. Young Adult Leaders (ages 18-25) from HTC have formed the core training team. Trained by The Youth Healing Team, an experienced youth-led training team from Hopeworks in Camden, NJ.
The Trauma Leadership Corps is NOW AVAILABLE to support other youth and youth-serving providers in responding to stress and trauma. TLC has helped raise community awareness about the power of youth peer-to-peer training and support. Hopeworks is a certified trauma-informed youth agency. They provide youth-developed and youth-led trauma training to agencies throughout the Greater Philadelphia area. Funding for this project is provided in part by the Paul and Anne Finstad Fund 1 of the Community Foundation of Sarasota County.
If you are interested in having the TLC do a community presentation, organizational or individual training, CONTACT: email@example.com
Providing community members with information about trauma and resilience is a fundamental part of the SRQ Strong mission. SRQ Strong has a number of volunteers with a wide range of expertise who are available to talk with your group, conduct workshops, or give presentations on a variety of topics. There is no cost for speakers.
· Presentations to church groups and civic organizations
· Experiential activities with youth at Boys and Girls Club
· Discussion with Cross-College Alliance diversity officers about trauma
· Co-presentation with Unidos Now about working with undocumented families
· Presentation for NAMI-Sarasota on trauma and first episode psychosis
· Workshop on trauma and education at SEDNET conference